List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: [patch] cosmetics: change tracker
From:       Johnathan Burchill <jkerrb () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2005-03-21 8:40:03

Juergen Spitzmueller wrote:
> Sun, 20 Mar 2005 08:26:53 -0800
> The striking-out line for erased text is misplaced in the first row of the
> main text, since this also includes the top margin, which is not honoured by
> the strikeout calculation. The attached patch fixes it.

This works for the first row, which looks good. But the next row has its
strikeout line slightly higher than the first. To reproduce,

1. Type "A line of text." in a new document.
2. Start a new paragraph, and type the same thing.
3. Enable CT.
4. Delete both rows.

The strikeout lines do not cross out the text at the same heights.

> The offset is still there for headings, if they are not in the first row.
> The labeladdon value is not recognized, it is not accessable from
> rowpainter. I won't fix this now. This whole ct mark drawing stuff is a
> hack. As John wrote in the FIXME's, we should rather try to calculate the
> actual font dimensions  than dealing with the row height. For 1.4, I think
> we have to live with the hack.

I second this.

Cheers,
JB