List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: C++ question
From:       Andre Poenitz <poenitz () htwm ! de>
Date:       2003-06-12 7:25:15

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 07:29:17PM +0000, Angus Leeming wrote:
> class Derived : public Base {
>         ???
> };
>
> The question is, do I need to define explicit copy c-tor and operator= for
> Derived to ensure that Base's copy c-tor, operator= is used?

No.

The generated once will call the cctor and operator= of the base and those
of the members. If they do what they are supposed to, there is no need to
put etra code in the derived class.

Andre'

--
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have,
nor do they deserve, either one.     (T. Jefferson or B. Franklin or both...)