List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    [patch] IU: first phase
From:       Andre Poenitz <poenitz () htwm ! de>
Date:       2003-05-30 9:07:31

With this, we have IU for drawing related stuff
(i.e. both phases)

To really benefit from the two-stage drawing,
the row painter would need some work.

[After that I'd guess we could even have a shot
at removal of all 'update' stuff (at least
to get a feeling on what would break and
what that update is technically good for
anyway)...]

There is quite a bit of small cleanup left.
Inset->ascent() etc should use the results
of some previous first phase instead of starting
one of their own, and most of the draw()
routines would get much simpler if we used
the (asc, des, wid) tuples instead of
(x, y + asc, wid, asc + des). But that's
just cosmetics.

[I'll have a look at the recent crashs, too...]

Andre'

["phaseone.diff.gz" (application/x-gunzip)]