List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Problems with antialiasing
From:       Oscar Jacob <plutox () surfeu ! de>
Date:       2003-04-30 14:55:14

Am Mittwoch, 30. April 2003 15:18 schrieb John Levon:
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 10:33:46AM +0200, Oscar Jacob wrote:
> > this might be a little OT, but my Problem bugs me especially when using
> > LyX. After updating to SuSE 8.2 I can't use the math fonts any longer.
> > "-dbg fonts"  gives an error for those fonts, although they are available
> > for non-qt programs. I found out that -- when using antialising in Qt --
> > *only* truetype fonts are seen by Qt. Does anyone know a solution to this
> > (accept deactivating antaliasing)? There seem to be so many font related
> > config files that I don't have a chance.
>
> Install latex-ttf-fonts from ftp.lyx.org
>
> john

Thanks that helped a lot (although of course there are still errors):

Looking for font family eufm10 ...  FAILED :-(
Looking for font family eufm10 ...  FAILED :-(
Looking for font family cmsy10 ...  got it !
Looking for font family cmmi10 ...  got it !
Looking for font family cmr10 ...  got it !
Looking for font family cmex10 ...  got it !
Looking for font family msam10 ...  got it !
Looking for font family msbm10 ...  got it !
Looking for font family wasy10 ...  FAILED :-(
Looking for font family symbol ...  FAILED :-(

Anyway, is this a SuSE-specific problem? As even KDE seems to suffer from it,
I wonder why nobody really cares about it.

oj