List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: lyxbugs: Tgif bug report
From:       Michael Schmitt <Michael.Schmitt () teststep ! org>
Date:       2001-09-28 17:45:13

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Angus Leeming wrote:

> - After defining the Tgif (vector drawing program) file type and
>   converters to eps and xpm, the graphics inset still does not accept
>   my files. Why? In that context, could somebody please explain why
>   there is a need for an "external material" inset to handle xfig graphics?
>
> Do you mean that when you browse for a file, the Tgif file extension isn't
> automatically in the list of files to display?

No, the converter is not invoked correctly. This is all I get:

     ERROR: Do not know how to convert image.

Has anybody successfully defined his own converter for a new graphics
format?

BTW: The file dialog offers "jpeg" as an extension. However, I cannot find
this extension in the formats/converters settings. JPEG maps to
extension "jpg". Maybe the graphics dialog has its own hardcoded
converters and does not use the settings at all???

> As for "could somebody please explain why there is a need for an "external
> material" inset to handle xfig graphics?" I have no idea what you're talking
> about.

Well, I wonder whether it is possible to merge the graphics and external
inset. The only thing the graphics inset is lacking is a way to invoke the
editor. Am I wrong?

Michael

Michael Schmitt                    phone: +49 451 99 77 410
Glockenhaeuschen 8                 eMail: Michael.Schmitt@teststep.org
DE-54634 Bitburg, Germany          WWW:   http://www.teststep.org