List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: More integrated float handling - Usability
From:       John Levon <moz () compsoc ! man ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2001-09-27 16:53:05

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 06:51:03PM +0200, Rainer Dorsch wrote:

> In auctec I say insert figure environment, then I am asked about float placing
> philosophy, label, figure name, caption....
>
> In lyx you need to click a lot to do all this (and it is nearly always the
> same click sequence).

IMHO, I don't think the auctex method is a good thing. All of the above are
optional things as far as I see it.

Though insertion of a figure could have a proper caption thing in the dialog
and automatically create a hidden label or something ...

john

--
" It is quite humbling to realize that the storage occupied by the longest line
from a typical Usenet posting is sufficient to provide a state space so vast