List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Doc updates for 1.1.6
From:       Dekel Tsur <dekelts () tau ! ac ! il>
Date:       2000-11-30 21:15:49

On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 10:14:29PM +0100, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:
> mike.ressler@alum.mit.edu writes:
> | One question: is the user interface (e.g. location of items on the
> | pulldown menus, etc.) likely to be stable now, or will there be more
> | changes in the relatively near future? This will affect my enthusiasm to
> | do the changes sooner rather than later.
>
> I think they are pretty stable now.

I don't like few things in the new menu:

1. The File->Insert should be removed, and its items moved to the Insert menu
(maybe putting the items "LyX Document", "Ascii as lines" and "Ascii as
paragraphs" in a submenu.

2. Perhaps the menu item "Insert->Math panel" should be moved to different
menu.

3. The navigate->error and navigate->note should appear after the TOC
or moved to a different menu (the reason for this is that they add two
key-presses when you use the select an item from the TOC with the keyboard).