List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: announce lyx-1.1.6pre2; Insert Raster Images
From:       Baruch Even <baruch.even () writeme ! com>
Date:       2000-11-30 14:11:11

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Rainer Hoffmann wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Two things about the new possibility to insert raster images (which is great!):
> 1) I expected the menu entry to insert an raster image under Insert->... and not
> under File->Insert.

For that I have no answer, ask those who decided on the menu layout.
Anyway you can change the menu layout yourself just edit the file
INSTALL_DIR/share/lyx/ui/default.ui

It's yours to do whatever you want :-)

> 2) What I really miss are all the nice settings from the eps-figure: Width and
> Heigth in relative and absolute values, and the rotation angle

This is a side effect of the new and powerfull External Inset, this inset
can be used to import almost any type of data into lyx, it was not
intended (at least in its first iteration) to provide full support for
graphics files so it doesn't have the resize and rotate options. You can
manually convert your images to EPS and use the Inset->Figure to insert it
as usual.

In the next version (1.2.0) InsetGraphics is going to make its first
(official) appearance and this will allow you to insert bitmap images.

Possibly in a later revision InsetGraphics and InsetExternal will be
joined to provide a capable inclusion mechanism that will handle
everything.

--
  Baruch Even

http://techst02.technion.ac.il/~sbaruch/   (My Site)
http://www.redrival.com/jindor/            (My brothers AD&D site)

" Learn to laugh ... it's the path to true love! "
   - The Angel in the movie Michael