List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Bug report (" in lyx code environment)
From:       <ervandermeer () it-c ! dk>
Date:       2000-11-29 15:53:02

Hi!

I have just upgraded to lyx 1.1.5fix2. It has a problem where my old lyx
(don't remember the version, sorry. An old one, 1.0.0 or 1.0.1, I think 1.0.1)
didn't.

Actually, it has two related problems:

1) It won't let me insert a double-quote in the lyx code environment. It will
only insert two apostrophes. I used to work around that by writing the code
sections in an editor, and then including the file. This works.

2) It used to typeset that just fine. The new version doesn't. LaTeX complains
with a message:

Missing number, treated as zero.
        \char`
           \"{}False
A number should have been here; I inserted `0'.
(If you can't figure out why I needed to see a number,
  look up `weird error' in the index to the TeXbook.)

I don't know LaTeX, and I use lyx to do the dirty work for me. Could you
improve the situation so that I can just insert double-quotes in the lyx code
environment, and do some hack so that it will be typeset by LaTeX too?

By the way, congratulations with your excellent and badly needed piece of
software!

Erik van der Meer