List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Underline-troubles in new menu style
From:       "R. Lahaye" <lahaye () postech ! edu>
Date:       2000-07-30 11:05:07

"R. Lahaye" wrote:
> 2) When the underline is not for the first character of the
>    keyword, it's also absent, for example in:
>
>       Item "New from template...|t" "buffer-new-template"
>       Item "Exit|x" "lyx-quit"

I reported this issue too fast. It's actually more subtle:
The underline only works for capitals. So

        Item "EXit|X" "lyx-quit"

would have an underlined X.

Concerning the actual action, there's no difference between
small characters and capitals. For example:

        Item "Index entry|I" "[...]"
        Item "File|i" "[...]"

can not coexist in the same menu list, since the shortcut
can't distinguish between "i" and "Shift-i".

Rob.