List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: effective key mapping.
From:       larsbj () lyx ! org (Lars Gullik =?iso-8859-1?q?Bj=F8nnes?=)
Date:       2000-06-28 11:19:42

Andre Poenitz <andre.poenitz@mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de> writes:

| > I wish Lyx were written in Eiffel or Smalltalk but that's life.
|
| And I wish, LyX were written in C++ ;-)

We are getting there :-) slowly...

| Seriously, I think quite a bit of the infrastructure you want is
| already there.  Have a look at commandtags.h, kbmap.h and lyxrc.h.

Don't forget LyXAction.[Ch]

All LyX funcs are defined with commandtags.h and LyXAction.
Keybindings in the kbmap.h and kbsequence.h
The action of the funcs in lyxfunc.h
User bindings defined in bind files kbmap files or in lyxrc.

I think most of what you want is already present, but we are lacking a
"playback-feature"

        Lgb