List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Another bug
From:       Michael Schmitt <schmitt () itm ! mu-luebeck ! de>
Date:       2000-06-08 7:57:26

> An one way is this:
>
>       1. Create new document
>       2. Insert TOC button inset, or any other like it.
>          (Curious thing is that BibTeX inset doesn't cause this bug
>           if bibliograpy environment hasn't been used in the document.)
>       3. Middle click it (no text is pasted)
>       4. Exit LyX
>
>       -> LyX doesn't exit
>       -> Clicking on a menu causes the crash. Other xforms controls are still
>          working. All but 'Help' and 'Layout' menus cause crash.
>          (if I remember correctly)
>          Also closing the document menu causes it.

Hi,

I just want to tell you that the same bug happens with my lyx program as well.
For the final 1.1.5, I used xforms-0.89 for the very first time. Maybe it has
to do with this version? If not, you should definitively provide a fix to
1.1.5. One of my students lost a lot of work yesterday because Lyx was not even
able to create an emergency file.

Michael

Michael Schmitt                            phone:     +49 451 500 3725
Institute for Telematics                   secretary: +49 451 500 3721
Medical University of Luebeck              fax:       +49 451 500 3722
Ratzeburger Allee 160              eMail: schmitt@itm.mu-luebeck.de
D-23538 Luebeck, Germany           WWW:   http://www.itm.mu-luebeck.de