List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Another bug
From:       Dekel Tsur <dekel () math ! tau ! ac ! il>
Date:       2000-06-06 9:49:04

On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 11:14:33AM +0300, Baruch Even wrote:
> After my former bug report I did mainly minor editing here and there, both
> in mathed and outside (editing of spelling mistakes and such), one thing
> wierd that I did is that I run ispell on my hebrew document when ispell
> doesnt have hebrew dictionary, LyX was frozen for a short bit but then
> returned with an error message that ispell stopped probably because of no
> dictionary.
>
> I then let LyX rest for a while, when returning to it I wanted to close it
> so I keyed "Alt-F x" it gave me a wierd error that the lyx_tmpxxxxx
> directory cannot be deleted, and seemed not to close, I tried again, with
> the same result, I then tried "Alt-F c" which said that no file was open
> though the file was "visible" on the buffer. After a few seconds LyX
> crashed.
>
> Trying to repeat the ispell thing didnt recreate the problem.

It is possible that the problem is not related to spellcheking.
I can consistently get the same behavior by
1. Selecting some text in LyX
2. Unselecting the text
3. Pressing the middle mouse button (inside the LyX window)
4. Quit from LyX

This is a rather serious bug, and I hope it can be fixed before 1.1.5