List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Annoying lyx-1.1.5cvs display bug
From:       larsbj () lyx ! org (Lars Gullik Bjønnes)
Date:       2000-02-29 23:42:13

Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <Jean-Marc.Lasgouttes@inria.fr> writes:

| Kayvan> Okay, take the attached gzipped tar archive and do this:
|
| Kayvan> 	$ tar xvzf X.tar.gz
|
| Kayvan> Then fire up lyx-1.1.5cvs
|
| Kayvan> 	$ lyx
|
| Kayvan> Do File->Open and go into the X subdirectory and select
| Kayvan> foo.lyx.
|
| Kayvan> The problem appears then.
|
| I can't reproduce it... Are you using latest cvs? What else could be
| different in our settings?
|
| JMarc

I think this is a timing issue... ghostscript is started (and finished
so soon that the bufferview/workarea is not ready to recieve it.

I typically see taht the graphics at the beginning of a documenty is
not displayed, and those at the end are.

Help rewrite the graphics handling and I think all these problems will
go away.

	Lgb