List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: One small problem ....[ Koul]
From:       Allan Rae <allan.rae () mailbox ! uq ! edu ! au>
Date:       2000-02-28 5:18:27

On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, Rakesh Koul wrote:
> I am trying to install LYX-1.1.2 on Redhat linux 6.2 with Xforms 0.88. I
> have been successfully able to install xforms, and also Lyx 1.1.2 (or
> 1.1.4). I have completed all the steps mentioned in the makefile of lyx.
> But, finally, when I run the executable file of lyx, it gives "segmentation
> fault" (core dumped) problem. Sir, Can you please help me.

My bet is that you have the incorrect xforms installed.
Unfortunately, you'll need to get a copy of xforms compiled for use with
glibc-2.1.  Check where ever you got your current xforms library from for
a copy labelled:  bxforms-0.88-glibc2.1.tar.gz or something similar.

Devvies:  This FAQ is a news item for LDN this week.

Allan. (ARRae)