List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: YABR: Double-space related?
From:       Allan Rae <allan.rae () mailbox ! uq ! edu ! au>
Date:       2000-02-28 4:26:49

On 25 Feb 2000, Lars Gullik Bjønnes wrote:

> Allan Rae <allan.rae@mailbox.uq.edu.au> writes:
>
> | What I did was start a new document from template (IEEEtran) modify the
> | title.  Modified the abstract.  Used C-k (delete to end of line) to cull
> | the remainder of the abstact. This took two C-k's.  The second C-k caused
> | a segfault.  It looks like a problem with LyXText::CutSelection as the
> | variable first_phys_par in that function is assigned a bogus value (this
> | may be due to FirstPhysicalPar() but I haven't got that far.  I
> | interrupted my debugging session to get some sleep).  The contents of
> | first_physical_par looks like a character table each byte is one higher
> | than the previous byte.  This causes havoc with the various pointers in
> | the structure.
>
> I could not reproduce this with a simple C-k, I'd be glad if you could
> check a bit further.

I can't reproduce it either :(

Although it may be a little more complicated than I initially described.
I had two buffers opened and one was switched to hewbrew-article typed
some jibberish and then changed back to IEEEtran.  I then cut the title
from this document and pasted it into the new IEEEtran doc that eventually
segfaulted.  I didn't think this significant because I had done that
cut/paste ages before I actually got the segfault.  I had cut a few lines
from the rest of the document (including Notes and a table) before the
crash occurred.

I'll try again tonight.

> Also please rebuild lyx from scratch before doing this, there are some
> dependency problems with lyx_main that I have seen causing spurious
> segfaults earlier.

This was from a maintainer-clean build.

Allan. (ARRae)