List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: alfa classes (alphanumeric sectioning and table of contents)
From:       "Arnd Hanses" <Arnd.H.Hanses () rz ! ruhr-uni-bochum ! de>
Date:       1999-09-29 1:23:02

On Sun, 26 Sep 1999 18:46:00 +0100, Arnd Hanses wrote:

>>Just a question here:
>>
>>Can I avoid ERT:
>>
>>	/pagenumbering{none} ...
>>	/pagenumbering{roman} ...
>>	/pagenumbering{arabic} ...
>>	etc.
>>
>>in LyX somehow (without changing basic LaTeX classes), or is it needed?

A correction:

I'll put a bit more precisely the question:

	Has it been considered to provide gui support for \frontmatter,
etc. You can use ERT or wrap this into a layout. Nevertheless, the
issue is very generic generic and now a basic part of standard LaTeX.
If LyX is willing to support basic LaTeX features in WYSIWYM it should
be part of of a menu, IMHO Input->List&TOC is predestined here. If this
is accepted and no one who can add this faster (shouldn't be difficult)
is willing to add the feature, I'll look if I can do it.

I'm wondering why those features (more flexible counters and toc and
\XXmatter document structuring) weren't supported right from the
beginning of LyX design? Did never anybody miss those things?

WRT 1.0.4: I remember reLyX initially was distributed with LyX for
evaluation. Is the alfa stuff suitable for a similar distribution? At
least it shouldn't break anything else. Pls tell me what you think of
it.

Regards,

	Arnd