List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: Put Lyx-defined commands in a package
From:       Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <Jean-Marc.Lasgouttes () inria ! fr>
Date:       1999-09-27 11:54:27

>>>>> "Reuben" == Reuben Thomas <Reuben.Thomas@cl.cam.ac.uk> writes:

Reuben> I don't know if anyone's thought of this before, but I was
Reuben> just wrestling with yet another file include problem when I
Reuben> thought "Why doesn't LyX just define all its commands in a
Reuben> package called lyx"?

Reuben> Is there a good reason why not? It simplifies the logic of the
Reuben> LyX program (which need not work out what commands to put in
Reuben> the TeX file) and makes file inclusion work.

Which commands would you want to put in a package? I do not understand
why it would help file inclusion (and one would have to distribute an
extra file with LyX-generated LaTeX files).

Earlier versions of LyX did have a file lyx_sty.h, which was later
removed. This is not possible anymore, since some macros can be
defined in .layout files.

Reuben> (The reason I had a problem is that I was including a document
Reuben> which had its own title; if I include it as LyX the title
Reuben> comes out as plain text; I include it instead as LaTeX, using
Reuben> a package that redefines the title commands and document
Reuben> environment.)

I'm not sure I understand what you are doing.

JMarc