List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: feature request: central dokument
From:       August =?iso-8859-1?Q?H=F6randl?= <august.hoerandl () gmx ! at>
Date:       1999-09-11 17:39:34

Alejandro Aguilar Sierra wrote:
> =

> On Sat, 11 Sep 1999, August H=F6randl wrote:
> =

> > i am writing a bigger document with lyx and i am very pleased with
> > the program. I have splitted it into some chapters. I include the
> > seperate files with input - works great.
> >
> > But i am missing two features:
> >
> > 1) the concept of a "central document" - i have to select the first
> >  document (which includes all others) to so preview, export and print=
ing.
> >  it would nice if lyx would know the first file and could do this buf=
fer
> >  switch.
> =

> You mean the child document be used to load the parent and brothers. Ye=
s I
> think it's possible, though some documents should be able to have any
> parent.

my idea was something like this:

either each document knows its parent and that file is used by view, prin=
t, =

and export.

or the user defines one central document and this is always used by view
and print. =

or even a new menue entry  file/central_document with submenues define,
view, print -- this would allow to view/print just one chapter or the who=
le
document.

Gustl

-- =