List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: X paste crash
From:       "Arnd Hanses" <Arnd.H.Hanses () rz ! ruhr-uni-bochum ! de>
Date:       1999-08-27 13:25:17

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999 08:38:16 +0000, Ulrich G=FCnther wrote:

>Occasionally [(?)] Lyx won't allow me to paste anything from another
>X-window

Never to main window; see docs...

Be careful, results of trying this seem unforeseeable, xforms prints
out sinister error messages then:

	clipboard.c: wrong owner... etc.

Shortly afterwards LyX always used to crash. Linking everything
statically with libxpm.a version 3.4g seems to have cured this here on
my box.

>and on other occasions it will just crash when I press the
>middle mouse button.

dito.

>Unfortunately it is also not always possible to paste from Lyx to other=

>X-apps.

Watch out for error messages!

Greets,
	Arnd