List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    lyx vs. 32bpp (linuxppc)
From:       Brad Midgley <brad () pht ! com>
Date:       1999-07-30 20:26:08

hi,

Using LinuxPPC 1999 and XF86FBDev x server, Lyx 1.0.3 will only run in 8-
or 16-bpp. Under 32bpp lyx crashes right away:

# lyx
X Error of failed request:  BadLength (poly request too large or internal
Xlib length error)
  Major opcode of failed request:  91 (X_QueryColors)
  Serial number of failed request:  63

Is this a known problem? I saw no mention when I scanned the web site and
put a couple searches in for the -dev list.

please cc: me in responses.

Brad
brad@pht.com | http://www.pht.com/~brad/