List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    Re: LyX backtrace reports
From:       "Arnd Hanses" <Arnd.H.Hanses () rz ! ruhr-uni-bochum ! de>
Date:       1999-07-30 17:38:06

On Thu, 29 Jul 1999 16:41:55 +0200 (MEST), Sasa Janiska wrote:

>On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
>

>> These crashes are rather surprising, since I do not remember reading
>> about such problems recently. Are you sure there isn't something
>> strange about your setup? Is it a pure SuSe 6.1, or did you upgrade
>> some parts?
>>
>No, pure SuSE 6.1, except that I have upgraded to LyX 1.0.3.
>
>> If I understand clearly, one happened when closing a file, and the
>> other when switching from one file to another. Does this ring a bell
>> for somebody?
>>
>Yes, correct.
>
>I do not have time now the experiment since I have to finish two books,
>but in order to help further development of LyX (I'm really excited in
>switching from OS/2 to Linux and start using LyX (LaTeX) after
>nightmares with Word Pro), I am running LyX under gdb to be able to
>produce log files after program crashes.
>
>I hope I do not bothering all of you on the list with these report,
>since I assume the list is meant for it.
>Sincerely,
>Sasa

If it doesn't seem too complicate to you, just try LyX with OS/2 and
XFree86. Hobbes and ftp.leo.org have all the necessary binaries. I've
always having trouble with subtle binary incompatibilities of the
necessary system support libraries on Linux. Those problems did not
happen with SMiyata's OS/2 port.

Greets,

	Arnd