List:       lyx-devel
Subject:    www.lyx.org
From:       Daniel Naber <dnaber () mini ! gt ! owl ! de>
Date:       1999-01-23 13:52:23

Hallo,

I know it was mentioned here already, but I think it's important enough to
make it clear once again:

If the new release happens, the main website has to be up to date. That
means, IMHO:

-the new release has to be linked, the announcement should be online
-the part that says "development resources are temporarily unavailable"
 has to be removed, since its obsolete, isn't it?
-the link to the archive of this list is now:
 http://archive.jab.org/lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org/
 (the old page has only those mails up to 11/98 or so)
-anonymous access to cvs. To attract new developers we should give
 a short but concrete how-to-use-cvs introduction (I really think
 that's neccessary, I myself never really used cvs before!).
 What about this:

 How can I get the latest release?
 The development version is always accessible via anonymous CVS:
 1. Install cvs
 2. Set the environment variable CVSROOT to something like:
 	':pserver:anoncvs@nazgul.lyx.org:/usr/local/lyxdevel'
 3. Do a 'cvs login'. The password is 'lyx'.
 4. Do a 'cvs checkout lyx'. CVS now should get the complete source
    (which may take some time, since its about 6,5 MB)
 5. Whenever you want to get the latest stuff, do a
    'cvs update'

Is that correct? At least it seems to work for me.

Best regards
 Daniel

--
PGP Key fingerprint = 3D 98 9E D2 00 B6 E0 9D  7E B9 77 23 17 E2 11 6A