List:       lyx-announce
Subject:    www archive
From:       <lyx () moni ! msci ! memphis ! edu>
Date:       1998-11-21 5:23:58

>From now on, there is a web interface for the archive for our list at

http://www.mail-archive.com/lyx-announce@lists.lyx.org

For a while it will show only the messages posted after the present
message.  I do not know how long it will take to get the old announce
list's archive to be properly bounced to the above www site, since the
archive is not at my site.  I'll see what the folks at via can do for
us.

Important: while all the messages to regular subscribers arrive with the

header field, which is respected by decent archiving software, the
copy of the message sent to the www archive has all X-No-Archive
fields removed---including the one you might insert.  This means that
any message you post will be archived at a publicly available www
wrchive.  To avoid this you may want to try to insert a header like

No-Archive: yes

The list manager is not going to remove this one, and the archiver at
mail-archive.com supposedly respects this header---though it is not
rfc822 compliant.

The archive at www.mail-archive.com looks very decent, they do not
show people's email addresses, for example, so I am hoping that the
list is not going to be exposed to spamming software too much.

In the meantime, the local mail archive is still available via email.
For a brief usage info send a message to

lyx-announce-help@lists.lyx.org

Mate