List:       lustre-discuss
Subject:    Re: [lustre-discuss] [EXTERNAL]  Mounting lustre on block device
From:       "Mohr, Rick via lustre-discuss" <lustre-discuss () lists ! lustre ! org>
Date:       2023-03-16 20:49:03

Are you asking if you can mount Lustre on a client so that it shows up as a block \
device?  If so, the answer to that is you can't.  Lustre does not appear as a block \
device to the clients.

-Rick

On 3/16/23, 3:44 PM, "lustre-discuss on behalf of Shambhu Raje via lustre-discuss" \
<lustre-discuss-bounces@lists.lustre.org \
<mailto:lustre-discuss-bounces@lists.lustre.org> on behalf of \
lustre-discuss@lists.lustre.org <mailto:lustre-discuss@lists.lustre.org>> wrote:

When we mount a lustre file system on client, the lustre file system does not use \
block device on client side. Instead it uses virtual file system namespace. Mounting \
point will not be shown when we do 'lsblk'. As it only show on 'df-hT'.

How can we mount lustre file system on block such that when we write something with \
lusterfs then it can be shown in block device?? Can share command??