List:       lustre-discuss
Subject:    Re: [lustre-discuss] Lustre quota
From:       "Mohr Jr, Richard Frank" <rmohr () utk ! edu>
Date:       2019-08-09 15:19:21

> On Aug 9, 2019, at 8:34 AM, Anilkumar Naik <anilkumar.j.naik@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> As per below quota commands, we are able to set quota for the users. however \
> interestingly, users files outside /home/vamsee.voora also added to the same user \
> quota.

That's the way that user and group quotas work.  Any file that is owned by a \
particular user/group gets counted against the corresponding user/group quota \
(regardless of where it is on the file system).

> In short, we like quota for the user on his home directory only. Quota should not \
> count other paths to compute user quota.

You might want to look at using project quotas.  You can create a unique project ID \
for each user (which could be the same as the UID for simplicity), and then use the \
chattr command to assign all files in the user's home directory to their project ID.  \
Then you can apply quotas to the projects.

--
Rick Mohr
Senior HPC System Administrator