List:       lustre-discuss
Subject:    [Lustre-discuss] Setting up a lustre test environment
From:       Colin_Faber () xyratex ! com (Colin Faber)
Date:       2011-09-09 19:07:20

Hi,

On 09/09/2011 12:43 PM, Kristen J. Webb wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new to Luster and want to set up a test system using 2.1.
"LUSTRE"  =)
> Since this is a test environment, I'm willing to go
> bleeding edge and feedback my experiences to the community.
>
> 1. Any significant problems using CentOS vs. RHEL?
None.
> 2. Any problems using vmware (fusion on OSX to be exact) for test
> clients and servers?
Possible timing issues. Make sure you have vmware tools setup and
timesync enabled otherwise you can run into some bizarreness.

> 3. I was unable to get a clear answer trying to google
> inkernel vs. ofa.  Is ofa only needed for infiniband?
Yes
> 4. For initial testing, any problems with installing all
> of the lustre modules onto a single system?
No, this is commonly used approach to `smoke testing' using the lustre
test suite.
> Thank you very much in advance!
>
> Kris
This email may contain privileged or confidential information, which should only be \
used for the purpose for which it was sent by Xyratex. No further rights or licenses \
are granted to use such information. If you are not the intended recipient of this \
message, please notify the sender by return and delete it. You may not use, copy, \
disclose or rely on the information contained in it.
Internet email is susceptible to data corruption, interception and unauthorised \
amendment for which Xyratex does not accept liability. While we have taken reasonable \
precautions to ensure that this email is free of viruses, Xyratex does not accept \
liability for the presence of any computer viruses in this email, nor for any losses \
caused as a result of viruses.
Xyratex Technology Limited (03134912), Registered in England & Wales, Registered \
Office, Langstone Road, Havant, Hampshire, PO9 1SA.
The Xyratex group of companies also includes, Xyratex Ltd, registered in Bermuda, \
Xyratex International Inc, registered in California, Xyratex (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd \
registered in Malaysia, Xyratex Technology (Wuxi) Co Ltd registered in The People's \
Republic of China and Xyratex Japan Limited registered in Japan. \