List:       lustre-discuss
Subject:    [Lustre-discuss] Swap over lustre
From:       psharfstein () vrinc ! com (Phil Sharfstein)
Date:       2011-08-18 18:37:36

Since you are considering other options, I would recommend NBD swap for this type of \
minimal swapping application.  Look at the Linux Terminal Server Project (LTSP) \
implementation using nbdswapd, a simple inetd-driven script that creates and exports \
NBD swap spaces.  We have been using this successfully on our diskless nodes for \
several years.

You can grab the nbdswapd script for the server-side and the ltsp-init-common script \
for an example client setup from any of the latest LTSP binary distributions.

-Phil