List:       lustre-discuss
Subject:    [Lustre-discuss] Kerberos auth by lnet
From:       andreas.dilger () oracle ! com (Andreas Dilger)
Date:       2010-07-29 22:51:07

On 2010-07-29, at 15:45, Josephine Palencia wrote:
> What's the interoperability between lustre 2.0* and lustre 1.83?

There are a small number of known interoperability issues between 1.8.3 clients and \
2.0.0 servers that were found during release testing, and while some of them were \
fixed for the final 2.0.0 release there are a couple of issues that also needed \
changes appearing in the 1.8.4 client.

I assume you are already aware that 1.8.x clients cannot use Kerberos authentication \
in any form, so in that regard 1.8.x is not compatible with 2.0 if you require \
Kerberos auth.

> Officially it is not compatible and/or supported?  But unofficially, we can try it? \
> Or absolutely not compatible.

I'd have to dig a bit to recall what the 1.8.3 <-> 2.0.0 interoperabilty issues were, \
but they were fairly minor (e.g. one was an issue with early replies from adaptive \
timeouts, which I think was fixed in the 2.0.0 server) and it can't hurt to do some \
testing in your environment.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger