List:       lustre-discuss
Subject:    [Lustre-discuss] I/O error on clients
From:       pkitchener () cmcrc ! com (Peter Kitchener)
Date:       2010-07-21 0:05:04

Hi All,

So I've applied the patch for the bug 22897 to the 1.8.2 source etc and rebuilt the \
lustre rpms. So far our development team has reported an improvement in the frequency \
of the I/O Errors but still not enough for them to be 100% happy.

In the mean time i've been double checking all the settings and understanding the \
timeouts etc. As we use software RAID on the OSTs I've made sure that the setup of \
these are as the operations manual states.

My next port of call is going to be to update the bnx2x driver that our BCM57711 \
10Gig Ethernet cards use on all the clients and MDT/OSTs. I doubt that its going to \
make a difference but the version of the driver is the CentOS 5.4 driver.

I have also had a snoop round the switch to make sure there isn't any funny setting \
floating round that could also be the cause of the problem.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Peter Kitchener
Systems Administrator
Capital Markets CRC Limited (CMCRC)
Telephone: +61 2 8088 4223
Fax: +61 2 8088 4201
www.cmcrc.com

Capital Markets CRC Ltd - Confidential Communication
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential.  It is intended for the \
addressee only.  If you receive this e-mail by mistake please promptly inform us by \
reply e-mail and then delete the e-mail and destroy any printed copy. You must not \
disclose or use in any way the information in the e-mail. There is no warranty that \
this e-mail is error or virus free. It may be a private communication, and if so, \
does not represent the views of the CMCRC and its associates.  If it is a private \
communication, care should be taken in opening it to ensure that undue offence is not \
given.