List:       lustre-discuss
Subject:    [Lustre-discuss] file stat in lustre
From:       huangwei () clusterfs ! com (huangwei)
Date:       2007-01-15 21:18:05

Peter Braam wrote:
> Huangwei:
>
> Could you post the man page here?
e2scan(1)                      backup utilities
e2scan(1)

NAME
       e2scan - Ext2 filesystem modified inode scan program

SYNOPSIS
       e2scan [options] [-f file] block_device

DESCRIPTION
       e2scan  , when invoked, iterates all inodes on the block device,
find modified inodes, print
       their inode numbers.A similar iterator, using libext2fs(5) , will
build a table(called  par-
       ent database) which for each inode lists the parent inode. With a
lookup function lookup ino
       in a directory, one can reconstruct modified pathnames from root.

       To manage hardlinks it is probably a good idea to write in this
file  <ino>  <pathname>,  so
       hard linked files will appear multiple times and all pathnames of
the link are present

OPTIONS
       -b inode buffer blocks
              set readahead inode blocks to get excellent performance
when scanning block device.

       -o output file
              if  output  file  is set, modified pathnames is written in
to this file, otherwise to
              stdout.

       -t inode | pathname
              set e2scan type, if type is "inode", e2scan just print
modified inode ino?s  to  std-
              out.  By  default, or type is set "pathname", e2scan will
list out modified pathnames
              based on modified inode ino?s.

       -u     build parent database is a little time consume, if parent
database is not up-to-date,
              e2scan  use  this  option to rebuild parent database from
scratch. Otherwise, current
              parent database is used.
BUGS
       None are known.

Lustre                            2006 Sep 26
e2scan(1)