List:       lustre-discuss
Subject:    [Lustre-discuss] Lustre client as root filesystem
From:       minich () ornl ! gov (Minich, Makia)
Date:       2006-12-12 6:02:28

I've only been half following this thread, but I just had a thought.  Has anyone attempted to use lustre with UnionFS to create a root filesystem?  Right now there are some diskless packages that mount a ramdisk and a read-only NFS mount, use unionfs to create a unified filesystem and mount that over /.  If you were to replace NFS with a read-only mount of lustre (does that exist?), you could easily create a shared root filesystem over lustre with full r/w privileges to each client node.  (If this was mentioned before, re-read my first sentence.)