List:       lustre-devel
Subject:    RE: [Lustre-devel] Re: [Lustre-cvs] b_snmp: lustre/utils lctl.c
From:       "CHOWDARY,RAVINDRANADH S (HP-India,ex2)" <s-ravindranadh.chowdary () hp ! com>
Date:       2003-07-24 12:53:08

Hi Andreas,
       The obdfilter gives the same information. The request never processed
through the OST/MDS services if we access the obdfilter in the /proc. Our
intention is the request should go through the MDS/OST services, which will
inturn contact the obdfilter, fifilt_statfs, fsfilt_extN_statfs and
vfs_statfs for the same. The globalhealth module decides depends on the
return value of the MDS/OST service but not on the result. Basically we are
checking the MDS/OST services.

            I have checked through the UML. The mds_statfs is never invoking
while accessing the files in /lproc/fs/lustre/mds/<uuid>/ . It is directly
invoking the vfs_ststfs. Similarly the obdfilter also.

Regards
Ravi