List:       lustre-devel
Subject:    [Lustre-devel] Lustre Service Monitor Proposal
From:       "Zahir, Rumi" <rumi.zahir () intel ! com>
Date:       2003-04-23 1:08:56

A discussion for permanent Lustre performance monitors with Peter Braam, Don Milos, \
and Dave Desormeaux this morning resulted in the following proposal that I have \
posted on the Lustre Wiki at https://projects.clusterfs.com/lustre/ServiceMonitors.

The proposal builds on a prototype that I have developed for bugzilla #1107. I would \
appreciate design feedback & comments, especially from Phil (on the opcode map issues \
and restructuring event dispatch routines) and from Eric Mei (on the new event \
dispatch model - and how I will be able to tell how many requests are behind me in \
the queue - currently I have to hand-count the Portals lib-side event queue).

Of course, other folks feedback is welcome.

Thanks, Rumi