List:       lustre-announce
Subject:    [Lustre-discuss] Lustre and Samba
From:       Ken Smith <ken.smith () tagtmi ! com>
Date:       2006-01-11 14:30:49

For those of you out there using Samba to re-export a Lustre filesystem,
is there any particular tuning that needs to occur for optimal
performance?

I ask because at least so far, in my current tests, metadata operations
seem pretty slow, e.g. 15% - 50% of what I'm getting using a local IDE
disk (Lustre is running over 100Mb/s ethernet). Throughput is as I
anticipated.

I have adjusted lru_size a bit, and that seems to help; just wondering
if I'm missing anything else.

Cheers,
Ken Smith