List:       lustre-announce
Subject:    RE: [Lustre-discuss] Handbook && "No space left on device"
From:       "Mc Carthy, Fergal" <fergal.mccarthy () hp ! com>
Date:       2005-03-23 9:43:19

Alessandro,

If you check the recent archives for this mailing list you should find a
mail that asks similar questions which was responded to with useful
info. That would be a good place to start for looking into the ratios.

One thing to consider is adding the "-T news" (or "-i 4096") string as
an mkfsoptions setting to the MDS device. This will cause the device
formatting to allocate many more inodes (1 for every 4k of disk space)
in the MDS device.

Fergal.

--

Fergal.McCarthy@HP.com

(The contents of this message and any attachments to it are confidential
and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message in
error you should delete it from your system immediately and advise the
sender. To any recipient of this message within HP, unless otherwise
stated, you should consider this message and attachments as "HP
CONFIDENTIAL".)