List:       lustre-announce
Subject:    Re: [Lustre-discuss] Luster Installation and Configuration
From:       Andreas Dilger <adilger () clusterfs ! com>
Date:       2004-10-14 22:38:28

On Oct 14, 2004  11:39 +0530, shalaka wrote:
> I tried to configure modules.conf as written in LustreHowto. But when i
> execute the mount command, it aborts saying
> /sbin/mount.lustre: No Such Device

This means your modules are not loaded properly (or at least the "lustre"
filesystem type is not available, see /proc/filesystems).  If you have
the 1.0 version of lustre then it does not support the "mount" based
client mount, you need to use "lconf ... config.xml" to mount the client.
That was added for the 1.2 release.

> On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 00:41:36 +0000, Tad Lake <tad_lake@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >do you use hostname when you create xml file using lwizard or lmc?
> >It seems that there is something you can get in lustre-howto.
> >>From: shalaka <shalaka@barc.ernet.in>
> >>To: "lustre-discuss@lists.clusterfs.com"
> ><lustre-discuss@lists.clusterfs.com>
> >>Subject: [Lustre-discuss] Luster Installation and Configuration
> >>Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:58:24 +0530
> >>
> >>I tried to install lustre on a single node. It works with localhost,
> >>but  if i give the hostname of the node, it doesn't work....my
> >>/etc/hosts  entries are right.So am i doing some mistake???
> >>Shalaka

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger