List:       lucene-user
Subject:    Re: Java 9 issues
From:       Dawid Weiss <dawid.weiss () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-07-28 7:56:25

> it will be good if Lucene team can share their plans for a full java 9
> support (e.g. named modules of Lucene libraries)

So, here it is: we plan to support it. (*)

Dawid

(*) When it's stabilized and documented (it still isn't) [1]. And when
somebody has the time to do it (patches welcome, it's a major overhaul
of the build system, backward compatibility, conceptual separation of
modules, etc.).

[1] http://markmail.org/thread/rzszbyccnteylh2k