List:       lucene-user
Subject:    Re: Compound File Format overhead?
From:       Michael McCandless <lucene () mikemccandless ! com>
Date:       2017-04-26 18:25:10

There is no search-time overhead if you use MMapDirectory.

At index-time there is a small cost, since after flushing or merging a new
segment, we must read all bytes and write to the CFS, but that should be
low cost since typically the OS will have those bytes "hot".

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com