List:       lucene-user
Subject:    Re: SpanQuery, Filter, BooleanQuery
From:       Carsten Schnober <schnober () ids-mannheim ! de>
Date:       2012-10-30 10:17:13

Am 29.10.2012 13:40, schrieb Carsten Schnober:

> Now, I'd like to add the option to filter the resulting Spans object by
> another WildcardQuery on a different field that contains document
> titles. My intuitive approach would have been to use a filter like this:

I'd like to conclude my previous post in a less elaborate way: I need to

a) combine two WildcardQueries so that I can still use
SpanMultiTermQueryWrapper to generate a SpanQuery.

b) apply a filter to a WildcardQuery so that the WildcardQuery's results
are reduced before converting it to a SpanQuery using
SpanMultiTermQueryWrapper.

Answer b) seems intuitively the way to go there, but I don't quite find
the correct path there because the filter does not work as intended (see
my previous post).
Answer a) does not seem feasible here either because
SpanMultiTermQueryWrapper requires a MultiTermQuery, but not a BooleanQuery.

Any hints on that?
Best,
Carsten

--