List:       lucene-user
Subject:    Re: Taking backup of Lucene DB
From:       Michael McCandless <lucene () mikemccandless ! com>
Date:       2012-05-25 12:24:42

The simplest way is to stop all index writing (close the IndexWriter),
do the copy, then start your IndexWriter again.

If that's a problem (usually it is!) then use SnapshotDeletionPolicy
to protect the commit point (ie prevent any of the files it uses from
being deleted) while you are making the copy... this way you can take
a hot backup without pausing index writing...

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 7:02 AM, Ganesh <emailgane@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> We want to place our search db in SAN drive and want to replicate the dat=
a to another SAN. We have a replication software to do this process.

> My question is whether we could do that for search db? While indexing (fo=
r testing purpose), i just copied the db files and dropped in another syste=
m. When i started my application in another system, I could see my search d=
atabase whiped out. Only write lock remains. The behaviour is unpredictable=
.