List:       lucene-user
Subject:    =?EUC-KR?B?THVjZW5lIFNwYXRpYWwgU2VhcmNoIFByb2JsZW06IHNlYXJj?=
From:       =?EUC-KR?B?udqzsr/r?=<zest159 () naver ! com>
Date:       2011-04-22 17:43:25

[Attachment #2 (text/plain)]

Hello,
I am trying to add spatial search functionality to my application, but having a \
trouble regarding lucene's spatial search. It's very simple functionality: searching \
all items within given radius from given starting point. My current starting location \
is 37.504602,127.049031. When I set search radius less than 10 miles, search results \
are okay. The shorter the search radius becomes, the less the search results are. But \
after search radius becomes larger than 10 miles, nothing is searched. And this \
threshold value, in this case 10 miles, changes according to where I set the starting \
point. That is, if search radius becomes larger than before, at least the same number \
of items should be returned as before, but it is not. After some point, nothing \
returns and spatial search does not seem to work properly. The weird thing is that if \
I change the starting location to someplace in US or Germany, no such problem \
happens. I'm currently using lucene 2.9.4 for some reason, and checked the above \
problem with the test class, java.org.apache.lucene.spatial.tier.TestCartesian. Does \
anyone know the reason why lucene works this way, and how can I solve this problem? \
Thanks, Nathan