List:       lucene-user
Subject:    RE: Syns2Index utility: version of Lucene and Java
From:       "Risov, Maria" <maria.risov () eds ! com>
Date:       2006-11-29 17:32:34

Chris,
Thanks so much both for the pointer and the sanity check!

Oddly enough, I read the same Syns2Index piece of documentation as you
suggested very early in the search process.  What I did get wrong was
the actual download package, not realizing that *.java and *.class files
would not be packaged together.  (Typical newbie problem!).  By that
time, I already had the Syns2Index.java file, but downloaded from a
different site (http://www.tropo.com/techno/java/lucene/wordnet.html )
and did not catch that they were not of the same version.  So this time,
I found the Syns2Index.class that came with the latest Lucene package
(http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/java/ ), made sure it ran
with the corresponding Lucene library...and it worked!  I am still not
sure what happened to my Java environment, but it may takes some time to
figure out.  For the rest of my project, I successfully use the
Lucene.Net port and C#, but it was great to get my feet wet in the Java
case.

Thanks again!

-marie