List:       lucene-user
Subject:    Filters or BooleanQuery
From:       "Michael J. Prichard" <michael_prichard () mac ! com>
Date:       2006-07-31 13:31:56

This is more of a design question.  I have a ton of email that is
indexed.  I need to search based on a date range so I use a RangeQuery
added to a BooleanQuery to search.  This works.  Now I need to include
another clause that will narrow the result even more.  AND on top of
that I will need some security applied to the search that will not show
email to those that it does not belong to.

I could easily go through and add query's but I have a feeling I should
use a filter somewhere.  What are the best practices when deciding what
to do?

Thanks,
Michael