List:       lucene-user
Subject:    Re: Adding to the termFreqVector
From:       "Ryan Skow" <ryan () skow ! org>
Date:       2005-05-31 22:02:53

Adding new terms and re-indexing the document is the desired behavior.

One (non-scalable) solution would be to parse the toString of the
termFreqVector (freq {myTermField: red/2, green/1, blue/1}) and create a
new string representation of the expanded terms:  (red red green blue)

This obviously isn't a good solution.  Finding a way to simply do a
document.addTerm("red"); and then re-indexing would be ideal.