List:       lucene-user
Subject:    Indexing problem
From:       Falko Guderian <mail.to.falko () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-05-30 18:23:40

Hi,

I indexed 20 documents. I want to evaluate my lucene index. That's why I
extract all term with their frequencies in each document.
This code has helped a lot.
try
{
    TermEnum terms = indexReader.terms(new Term("content", ""));
    while ("content".equals(terms.term().field()))
    {
        TermDocs termDocs = indexReader.termDocs();
	termDocs.seek(terms);
	// ... collect term.term().text() ...
	int frequency = 0;
	for(int i = 0; i< indexWriter.numDocs(); i++) {
	freqency = termDocs.freq();
	termDocs.next();
	}
	if (!terms.next())
            break;
    }
}
finally
{
    terms.close();
}

But there is an anomaly. In the first document(termDocs.doc() = 0) all
term frequencies are greater than 0.
But it isn't correct. The first doc doesn't contain all terms.

Do you now this problem? How can I get the correct term frequencies in
all docs?

Best regards
Falko Guderian