List:       lucene-user
Subject:    Re: Lucene Arabic Internationalization Question
From:       Nader Henein <nsh () bayt ! net>
Date:       2005-05-27 21:19:42

Dear Rasha,

Sorry for the delay, I've indexed Arabic and English seamlessly on
Lucene, the only thing you have to watch out for is stemming, as for
indexing PDFs, I have not used that part of the API, but from
experience, this comes down to using or in some cases forcing the
correct encoding, debug this by bringing down your development to the
lowest denominator, for example if you're doing this from a webservice,
try it first from the prompt, so you have to contend only with the OS
encoding (UTF-8 is highly recommended) and not the browser / server
encodings.

A more detailed example of the problem you're facing would help me
understand the problem more.

Nader

--

Nader S. Henein