List:       lucene-user
Subject:    MultiFieldQueryParser 1.8 isn't parsing phrases
From:       Ben <newreaders () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-02-19 14:26:54

Hi

When I try to search for phrases using the MultiFieldQueryParser v1.8
from CVS, it gives me NullPointerException.

Using the following keyword works:

title:"IBM backs linux"

However, it gives me the exception if I use the following keyword:

"IBM backs linux"

Any idea why? I am using this MultiFieldQueryParser with Lucene 1.4.3.
Of course I changed some of the boolean stuff to make it works with
the production release.

Thanks,
Ben