List:       lucene-user
Subject:    Re: Lucene and multiple languages
From:       Daniel Naber <daniel.naber () t-online ! de>
Date:       2005-01-20 21:13:51

On Thursday 20 January 2005 21:08, aurora wrote:

> Now let's said I have an index with documents in multiple languages and
>    analyzed by an assortment of analyzers. When user enter a query, what
> analyzer should be used?

Use q1 OR q2, where q1 is the query parsed with the analyzer for language
1, q2 is the query parsed with the analyzer for language 2 (and so on). If
there are conflicts you could also add a required term query to each
subquery, like "language:en^0" so that, for example, the English analyzer
query only searches on documents that have been identified as English.

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de