List:       lucene-user
Subject:    Re: Combining text search + relational search
From:       Tatu Saloranta <tatu () hypermall ! net>
Date:       2004-04-29 4:17:09

On Wednesday 28 April 2004 11:00, Mike_Belasco@fws.gov wrote:
> Bascially I want to limit the results of the text search by the rows that
> are returned in a relational search of other attribute data related to the
> document. The text of the document is just like any other attribute it just
> needs to be queried differently. Does that make sense?

Yes. But why not just store textual content in one Lucene field, and metadata
in one or more separate fields? You can then easily build queries to combine
searches. And as long as metadata values are normalized, added index size is
probably insignificant compared to full indexed text content.

-+ Tatu +-